April 22nd: WORK DAY:
Men will gather at 8 am for breakfast in the fellowship hall. Then painting and some general repairs will ensue. Fellowship and service to the Lord.
9 am: Spring Festival Prep Day! Help us make our games and get the word out! Fellowship hall. Show up at 8 am if you want breakfast first!
JOY Fellowship Lunch
April 25th: Noon: Fellowship Hall
JOY is Just Older Youth, pretty much anyone over college age on up through the years meets once a month for lunch. The church provides the main dish, and we bring the side dishes and sweets! Some months there are speakers, some months we just gab and have fun together, breaking bread as the original church did. Join us! The last Tuesday of each month.
April 30th: VISION Team Meets at 5 pm, Church.
May 7th: Food on the First: We will be collecting Fruit and Pudding cups for the weekend food backpack program. See our Ministries tab FMI.
Spring Festival & Silent Auction! -Save the Date!
Saturday May 20th, 2017 -11 am to 2 pm, Church Field
Bring the whole family and your friends for this free, fun filled, family afternoon of carnival games and a hot dog luncheon! The weather will be warm and there will be plenty of new friends to meet. We will also be hosting an amazing silent auction to benefit our youth program. Stay tuned here for details!
Vacation Bible School! Galactic Starveyors!
June 25-29th, 2017. 6-8:30 pm. Sanctuary. GRADES: K3-6, must be potty trained.
As kids focus their telescopes on the on the marvels painted in the sky by the creator, they will discover the wonder beyond all wonders - that the God who created everything there is -the knowable and the unknowable, the visible and the invisible - wants a personal relationship with them! We are inviting kids to our clubhouse to show them the God who is over the moon in love with them! https://vbs.lifeway.com/vbs2017/
TO SIGN UP: Please call the church office and leave a message with the following information:
- Your full name and return call phone number
- Children: Full name, age, last grade completed - for EACH child
Christmas Cantata & Lunch
Sunday December 17th, 2017 at 11 am - Sanctuary & Fellowship Hall
Each Christmas we celebrate the birth of our savior, Jesus Christ in a special way to remember he came to earth to live as man who knew no sin so we can experience His victory over death on the cross. Join us during our regular church service for a special cantata and then join us in our Fellowship Hall for a filling dinner. This is a free service and meal, so please only bring yourself, family, and friends.
- 9:45 AM: Adult and Children's Sunday School: Meet with other believers as we work through the Gospel Project series. Children & Youth meet for Sunday School at this time as well.
- 11 AM: Regular Church Service in the Sanctuary. Childcare for children 5 and under is provided in our Children's Wing.
- 4:30 PM: Adult Choir Practice: Do you love to "sing a joyful noise to the Lord"? Join us as we prepare to celebrate the birth of our Savior with our special Christmas Program by joining our adult choir.
- 5:30 PM: CARE prayer ministry meets. We pray for the needs of our church weekly.
- 6:45 PM: Men's Ministry: We meet at Milano's Pizzaria (S.E. Main Street, Simpsonville) each week to study through books of the bible.
- 6:30 PM: AWANA's and Youth group meet at the Fellowship Hall. Awana & Youth resume from Christmas break January 4, 2017. Please note our AWANA follow the Greenville County School District Schedule. So, if there is NO school or a vacation, then our AWANA will not meet.
- 6:30 PM: Adult Bible Study: A co-ed group, Pastor Larry takes us through books and topics of the bible weekly. We are starting the book of Isaiah on November 30th and will go through it chapter by chapter. Sounds daunting, but it really isn't! Isaiah was a prophet who pointed to Jesus time and again.
- 7:30 PM: Adult Choir Practice. It's never too late to join the choir! Choir practice will resume in late January. FMI contact Arthur Sprggs.
J.O.Y. Fellowship: Just Older Youth!
We meet the last Tuesday of each month to share a potluck meal and have Christian fellowship. We often have speakers and singers as well. *Note, we will not be meeting in December due to Holiday Season.
Fellowship Hall, Unity Baptist Church, Noon.
Baking for the Home bound
Each month the Unity Women Bakers get together to bake treats for our home bound church members. We accept donations for this as it is completely benevolent ministry. Email: email@example.com for more information.
Food on the First
Each month we will be collecting food donations to load backpacks for local youth who need food on the weekends. Stay tuned to our church bulletin for specific items to bring each month. Or, we accept the following items (easily prepared by small children): microwave popcorn, single serve mac n cheese or other single serve meals, packaged crackers, packaged pudding and fruit cups, Vienna sausages, single serve grits and oatmeal packages, or cans of soup.